Being a mother isn’t an easy job. You’re having another life inside you. This means, you’ve to take extra care of yourself as minute negligence and your baby’s life can be affected. When a woman is pregnant, she has to alter her lifestyle and diet so that the baby, who is growing inside her, is healthy and gets all the important nutrients and minerals.
Every woman worries about the weight gain and thus neglect the fact that intake of nutrients is more important than her own weight. It is natural that during pregnancy you would have a weight as your baby’s weight is added up to yours. We bring to you certain foods and minerals which are not only required for your baby’s growth but would also help you to stay fit and healthy.
Protein helps in blood production and cell growth. So, you need to have it in daily to make sure that your body is producing the necessary blood required for your baby. You can get the protein from meat, poultry products, beans, pulses, nuts, eggs and fish.
This is a source of energy. It is important that you have a right amount of food everyday in order to make sure that you’re getting the right amount of energy that you and your body requires during such times. The source of carbohydrate could be cereals, potatoes, pasta, fruits, vegetables and rice.
It contains omega 3 fatty acids, which is required to have a baby’s brain and eyes. It is also a source of protein and vitamin B. It would be safe to eat at least 12 ounces of fish, daily.
Whole grain breads are fortified with iron, folic acid and also fibers; which are more as compared to white bread and rice. Iron is important as they help in the production of the red blood cell. Whereas, folic acid is behind the production of blood and protein. They also make sure of the effective enzyme function.
Low Fat Yogurt:
It has more calcium than milk and is also high in protein. Moreover, it doesn’t have the added sugar of flavored yogurts. Calcium is important for our body as they are behind the building of strong bones and teeth. Also, they help if nerve function.
Berries, like blueberries, raspberries and blackberries are rich in vitamin C, potassium, folate and fiber. Vitamin C is behind the healthy gums, teeth and bones assistance with iron consumption. It would be good for you and your child.
- 1) Pregnancy could be a chance to review your lifestyle and turn towards a healthier lifestyle. Make use of it properly and make sure that you get the right amount of food with the right nutrient.
- 2) You also have to make sure that you don’t get the feeling that you’ve to eat for two. The studies show that during pregnancy you only need 200 calories extra. So, if you would think that you’re eating for two, you would end up eating more than thus it can affect your weight.
- 3) Along with having a proper diet, you also have to make sure that you exercise daily. This would keep you active and would make sure that you don’t gain excessive weight.
- 4) Normally, it is observed that pregnant women get a deficiency of iron. So, make sure that you have foods, which contains iron, on a regular basis.
- 5) You also have to make sure that you stick to alcohol-free drink and diet. Alcohol during pregnancy can affect you and your baby’s health badly.
- 6) It is always better to consult the doctor about your diet. In case, if you have a family history of some allergy or disease, the doctor would guide you on what you can eat and avoid in such cases.
Carrying a child in the womb is surely difficult. During those times, one has to make sure that every step, which a woman is taking, is correct and is for the betterment of the baby’s health. In such case, diet plays a very important role. The above diet guidance and tips would help you to under the things in a much better way. Remember, always consult a doctor about what you can have and what you have to avoid.