Modvigil Is A Generic Equivalent Of Provigil
- Generic Name
- Brand Name
- Average Delivery
- Expire Date
Modvigil is a generic version of Provigil. It is a psychostimulant. It is available as 100mg and 200mg oral tablets containing Modafinil as the active constituent. It is manufactured by HAB Pharma. This medication promotes wakefulness, mental alertness, and enhances energy, focus, and motivation. It is prescribed for treating excessive sleepiness associated with various sleep disorders like narcolepsy, obstructive sleep apnea, etc. It is available at a much lesser price as compared to its branded version, Provigil.
You are less likely to suffer from side effects such as nervousness, agitation produced by the old psychostimulants as the pharmacologic profile of Modvigil is much different than the traditional psychostimulants. Current studies suggest that Modvigil can treat cocaine addiction. Remember that Modvigil cannot be considered as a substitute for adequate sleep. This medication is not recommended for use in individuals below 17 years. The effect of this medication is seen within 20 to 60 minutes post oral administration, while its effect lasts up to five to ten hours.
You may also like:
Modafinil, the active constituent present in Modvigil was approved by the FDA in 1998. The molecular formula of Modafinil is C15H15NO2S and its molecular weight is 273.35. You may develop an addiction to Modafinil. It is a member of a class of drugs known as wakefulness-promoting agents/ Psychoanaleptic. The exact mechanism of Modafinil is not known. It has numerous important effects on the brain.
It is believed to increase the concentration of various neurotransmitters in the brain. These include orexin, dopamine, and norepinephrine. Orexin plays a major role in controlling your sleep-wake cycles, while dopamine improves focus, which helps you to stay focused for a longer period of time while completing your work and Norepinephrine improves your mental energy. Thus, with Modafinil, you are required to take fewer breaks and you can complete your task much faster and with greater accuracy.
- Before you start using Modvigil, read all the directions for use mentioned on the prescription leaflet carefully if you have any questions ask your physician or pharmacist.
- Discuss your entire medical history with your doctor before taking this medication as it helps him/her to decide the appropriate dosage and judge the risks and benefits.
- You need to take a single tablet of Modvigil per day. It is generally given for 12 weeks or less.
- There are no dietary restrictions for taking Modvigil. You can take it with or without food or as directed by your physician.
- Modvigil should not be shared with a person having a history of drug abuse or addiction.
- Modvigil should be taken in the morning in order to prevent daytime sleepiness and must be taken an hour before starting work-shift by persons having shift-work disorders.
- Also, tell your doctor if you are having a history of allergy to Modafinil or Armodafinil. Also, avoid consuming beverages containing caffeine, large amounts of chocolates, or -prescription products containing caffeine with Modvigil.
- This medication is contraindicated for use in persons taking axitinib, bosutinib, medicines containing Armodafinil, and few medicines used in the treatment of chronic hepatitis C.
- Modvigil is not recommended for use in persons suffering from heart issues, hypertension, and liver dysfunction.
- This medication is likely to decrease the effectiveness of birth control methods. Thus, discuss with your doctor for suitable birth control methods while taking this medication.
- The safety of using this drug product during pregnancy and breast-feeding must be discussed with your doctor before using this drug product as it is not known whether this medication can harm a fetus or pass in breast milk.
- Do not stop taking this medication without asking your physician as it can produce withdraw symptoms. Your physician may gradually lower your dose to prevent withdrawal symptoms such as sweating, vomiting, confusion, etc.
- Keep this medication at room temperature away from heat and moisture.
- The most common side effects observed with Modvigil include headache, vomiting, anxiety, insomnia, and drowsiness. If any of these side effects worsen or last for a prolonged period of time, call your doctor right away and seek immediate medical help.
- Most of the people using this drug product do not experience severe side effects. However, if you notice serious side effects such as confusion, nervousness, depression, and irregular heartbeats, etc., contact your physician instantaneously.
Submit your review
My doctor had prescribed me Modvigil for improving concentration. I got excellent results. It improves concentration by increasing the concentration of a neurotransmitter called dopamine in the brain. The action of Modvigil is observed within 30 minutes. It is available at reasonable rates at MedStoreRx, an online pharmacy selling quality medications worldwide.