Artvigil is a smart drug that treats sleepiness associated with sleep disorders
Armodafinil 150 mg
Price per pill
- Generic NameArmodafinil
- Strength(s)150 mg
- Brand NameNuvigil
- Average Delivery25 days
- Expire Date2023
Artvigil is actively composed of Armodafinil. It is a generic equivalent of Nuvigil. Nuvigil is a brand under which Armodafinil is sold. It is used for treating excessive sleepiness during day time or due to sleep disorders such as obstructive sleep apnea (OSA), narcolepsy, or shift work disorder (SWD). Note that this medication cannot take the place of adequate sleep. This medication not only treats extreme sleepiness but also helps to increase energy levels, improves memory and enhances cognitive ability. The FDA approved the medication in June 2007. Research has shown that this medication considerably improves driving simulator performance in persons suffering from shift work disorder.
Artvigil medication belongs to the category of drugs called wakefulness-promoting agents or Psychoanaleptic. Artvigil can be habit-forming. Also, remember that this medication will not cure sleep disorders or treat all types of sleepiness. Persons suffering from narcolepsy or obstructive sleep apnea should take this medication once in the morning every day. Persons suffering from shift work disorder are required to take this medication one hour before starting their work shift.
You may also like:
The molecular formula of Armodafinil, the active constituent of Artvigil, is C15H15NO2S, while its molecular weight is 273.35. Armodafinil has a longer half-life than Modafinil, thus it can be more effective than Modafinil in treating extreme sleepiness. It is manufactured by the pharmaceutical company Cephalon Inc. It is a single isomer of a smart drug Modafinil.
The mechanism by which Armodafinil works is not clinically established. It acts in that area of the brain, which controls the sleep/wake cycle. Armodafinil has similar wake-promoting actions as that of sympathomimetic agents, which includes amphetamine and methylphenidate. However, its pharmacological profile is different than that of sympathomimetic agents. It works by increasing the concentration of substances that are required to stay awake. There is no well-established clinical data available about its onset of action and duration of effect.
- Tell your complete medical history to your physician before taking this medication. Also, inform him about the current medications that you are taking.
- Follow all the instructions given on the prescription label carefully while taking this smart drug. In case of any queries regarding its usage, ask your physician or pharmacist.
- Artvigil is to be taken orally with a glass of water. It can be taken with or without meals. However, food may delay its absorption.
- The dose of this medication will depend on the condition and response to treatment.
- Continue taking this medication unless your doctor asks you to stop. Also, do not change the dose without consulting your physician.
- Tell your doctor if you are using marijuana while taking Artvigil. Also, tell your physician or pharmacist if you are allergic to Armodafinil, Modafinil or any other inactive constituents present in this medication, before taking Artvigil.
- This medication may stop working if used for an extended period of time. Tell your doctor if Artvigil does not produce the desired effect.
- Never stop taking this medicine at once, you may suffer from withdrawal symptoms like quivering, sweating, fretfulness, nausea, vomiting, and lack of clarity.
- The use of Artvigil can produce addiction in some individuals if used for a long duration.
- This medication should not be taken by persons having a history of heart attack, chest pain, high blood pressure, irregular heartbeats, liver problems, kidney problems, and mental disorders, etc.
- Reduce your intake of caffeine and chocolates. Using Artvigil may produce rapid heart rate, tremor, and nervousness.
- The commonly observed side effects of this medicine include headache, dry mouth, dizziness, trouble sleeping. These side effects are minor and they are not permanent. They disappear once the drug is removed from the body.
- If any of the above-mentioned side effects aggravate or last for a long duration, consult your doctor right away and seek medical help.
- Serious side effects are rarely observed with Artvigil. If you experience a serious allergic reaction such as skin rash, difficulty in breathing, itching and severe dizziness, call your doctor right away.
- If you forget to take a dose of this medicine, take the missed dose as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it's near bedtime and carry on with the usual dosing schedule. Do not two doses at a time to compensate for the missed dose.
- One should not become pregnant while using Artvigil. It can be harmful to the fetus.
- Use reliable birth control methods while taking this medication and after two months of stopping this medication. It is not known whether this medication passes into the bloodstream. So, consult your physician before breastfeeding.
Submit your review
I used to feel depressed all the time. Artvigil improved my mood. It is a smart drug that works by increasing the concentration of substances that help to improve mood, increase energy levels and enhance cognitive ability. I purchased this medication at MedStoreRx. It is an online pharmacy that sells medications approved by regulatory bodies at reasonable prices. It also provides various offers and substantial discounts on online purchased medications.