Generic Zantac – Treat GERD Effectively
- Generic Name
- Brand Name
- Average Delivery
- Expire Date
Zantac Generic is an oral drug that belongs to a family of drugs called as histamine-2 blockers. It acts by chiefly reducing the amount of excess acid one’s stomach produces. It mainly operates by treating ulcers in the stomach and intestines. It has also been found effective in treating conditions in which the stomach produces too much of acid such as Zollinger-Ellison syndrome. Predominantly, Generic Zantac is found effective in treating gastro esophageal reflux disease (GERD), a heartburn condition, which occurs when too much of acid backs up from the esophagus into the stomach.
You may also like:
The active ingredient present in Generic Zantac is Ranitidine, a H2 histamine antagonist. This drug inhibits the secretion of a chemical known as histamine. When this process takes place in the body, the production of stomach acid is significantly reduced, thereby bringing down the symptoms of gastro esophageal reflux disease, peptic ulcers and gastritis. With the help of this antacid, one can get rid of chronic pain and burning in chest region caused by acid reflux disease.
- It is important to take Generic Zantac exactly as prescribed by the physician
- There are instructions on how to take the tablet written on the medicinal bottle
- One should not take in larger or smaller amounts longer that what is prescribed
- One should take care not to crush, break or chew the Generic Zantac tablets, as doing so may reduce the efficacy of the drug
- Care should be taken to ensure that the tablet does not dissolve when placed on the tongue.
- Take Generic Zantac tablet orally with a glass full of water
- The usual dose of this medicine is 100 mg twice daily for several days
- In case if you miss the dose, take it as soon as your remember, or ask the doctor for further dosage, but do not take two tablets at a time
- Prior to using Generic Zantac 100mg tablets, make sure you have a word with the doctor regarding –
- Other medical illnesses such as asthma, liver or kidney anomalies, etc.
- Allergic to Ranitidine or any other antacids
- Undergoing treatment with other drugs
- During treatment or under the influence of this acid-reducer, one may feel dizzy; hence, it is important to stay away from activities that need alertness, such as driving, riding, operating machine, etc. soon after consuming the pill
- The consumption of alcohol and tobacco in any form is strictly prohibited, as they nullify the efficacy of the drug and you may feel more drowsy
- Do no overdose with this Generic Zantac, as doing so may lead to unwanted health issues, wherein you may require hospitalization
- If you experience nausea, headache, diarrhea, skin rashes, restlessness, bleeding from nose and swelling of face and lips, immediately get in touch with the doctor for medical intervention
Submit your review
Have been using the drug to treat my ulcers and they have worked effectively. Really glad my doctor prescribed me these.
Writing on behalf of my mum, this is really a wonder drug as it relieves severe stomach pain effectively. Thank you Doc!
I really like the fact that it serves as a very good stomach pain reliever, really happy that my Doctor prescribed this to me.