Signaquin Tablets – Best Malaria Prevention Tablets Online
Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate 200mg
Price per pill
- Generic NameHydroxychloroquine Sulfate
- Brand NamePlaquenil
- Average Delivery25 days
- Expire Date2023
Signaquin is w widely used medication for the treatment as well as prevention of malaria caused by P. vivax, P. falciparum, P. ovale, or P. malariae. It is important to note that the drug is not advised to those who have complicated malaria. Signaquin contains hydroxychloroquine, which is recommended as a prophylactic drug for malaria in areas where chloroquine, a close relative of hydroxychloroquine, resistance has not been reported. Signaquin is actively composed of hydroxychloroquine so it is also indicated for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis and lupus in adult patients. The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved hydroxychloroquine in 1955.
You may also like:
Actively composed of hydroxychloroquine, Signaquin is an old malaria drug. The exact action mechanism of hydroxychloroquine in inhibiting the activity of a malarial parasite is unknown. Signaquin may show its anti-parasitic effect by concentrating the parasite’s acid vesicles. However, it is also presumed that the drug blocks the polymerization of heme (iron) in the blood. The drug may also inhibit certain enzymes. Signaquin, simply put, denies the entry of the parasite in the red blood cells, preventing malarial infection. In lupus and arthritis, the drug work by reducing the inflammation.
- Take Signaquin exactly as recommended by your doctor and make sure you follow all directions carefully before and during treatment.
- Do not take this anti-malaria drug in smaller or larger quantities, or for a longer period than advised.
- More importantly, take Signaquin with food or a glass of milk so you can stay away from gastric irritation or upset stomach.
- For the prevention of malaria, take one dose of this drug once a week for at least 2 weeks before visiting areas affected by malaria.
- For the treatment of malaria, Signaquin is taken for 3 days, with a high starting dose (800 mg) followed by a smaller dose (400 mg) after 6 hours, and then once in 24 hours and 48 hours.
- Make sure you take this medicine for the full-prescribed duration if you are using it to treat or prevent malaria.
- For the treatment of lupus and rheumatoid arthritis, take Signaquin once daily for several weeks or months.
- See your physician if your symptoms do not improve even after taking Signaquin for 6 months for lupus/rheumatoid arthritis.
- Do not overdose with Signaquin pills. Overdosing with this drug could damage your eyes, causing vision impairment.
- Before undergoing treatment with Signaquin, make sure you inform your doctor about your drug allergies, including hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine.
- Signaquin is not advised in medical conditions such as retinopathy, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, arrhythmias, gastric disorders, liver or kidney disease, alcohol addiction, G6PD deficiency (a genetic disorder), and psoriasis.
- There are a few drugs that may interact with this malaria medicine, so make sure to see your physician and tell the medications you are taking. This could avoid unwanted drug interactions.
- It is not yet clear whether hydroxychloroquine causes harm to unborn babies or newborns so inform your doctor if you are pregnant or nursing a baby.
- Signaquin may increase skin sensitivity, especially when you are exposed to sunlight. Use sunscreens, wear protective clothing, and avoid tanning booths or sun lamps.
- Avoid performing risky activities that need your alertness during treatment because hydroxychloroquine may cause mild dizziness or drowsiness.
- Get medical attention if you experience side effects such as chest pain, breathlessness, irregular heartbeats, or any other unwanted symptoms.
Submit your review
I've been using Signaquin for my lupus issue. I used to take Plaquenil initially but it’s too expensive for me. I buy Signaquin online from this store. Overall good service with prompt delivery.