Generic Prilosec – Acidic Pains No More
- Generic Name
- Brand Name
- Average Delivery
- Expire Date
Generic Prilosec is a drug belonging to a family of drugs called proton-pump inhibitors. Its chief action is to heal acidic damage produced in the stomach. This drug effectively cures symptoms relating to gastro esophageal reflux disease (GERD) and other conditions caused due to production of excessive stomach acid. The primary use of this drug is to cure damage caused due to erosive esophagitis, wherein one’s esophagus is damaged due to the corrosive stomach acid. Generic Prilosec is actively composed of a drug named as Omeprazole, an effective proton-pump inhibitor. It is an over-the-counter (OTC) drug and easily available. Plus, the World Health Organization (WHO) has categorized this drug in the essential medicine list required for basic health problems.
You may also like:
Omeprazole is an active present in Generic Prilosec 1mg, which is a safe and irreversible proton-pump inhibitor. This antacid suppresses the production of stomach acid by inhibiting a group of enzymes that are associated with acid secretion, such as H+, K+ and ATPase. The whole mechanism takes place within the mucosal membranes of stomach. In addition, Omeprazole negates the action of acid production, regardless of the stimulus.
- Follow the instructions given by the medical professional or go through the medicinal leaflet
- Generic Prilosec is often taken at least an hour before having food or breakfast
- The ideal dose of this drug is 20 mg once in a day for several days to weeks
- Do not take more than a single tablet in a time span of 24 hours
- Do not break or chew Generic Prilosec tablet; swallow it wholly with a glass full of water
- If you miss/skip the dose, take it as soon as your remember or ask the medical practitioner for further dosage
- Use this antacid for prescribed length of time. You may feel better in initial stages of treatment.
- Keep Prilosec Generic tablets at room temperature and away from direct heat or moisture
- Tell your doctor about any medical-related issues before taking Generic Prilosec
- Do not exceed the advised dosage unless your doctor tells you to do so
- Do not smoke and consume alcohol during the course of therapy, as they might nullify the drug efficacy
- Overdose may probably lead to medical complications and you may require aggressive and timely healthcare assistance
- Prolong use of Generic Prilosec (more than 2 or 3 years) can lead to Vitamin B12 deficiency, so be careful and use the drug according to your doctor’s prescription
- Clinical trial reports revealed that diarrhea is a common side effect of this medicine; hence, if you suffer from watery or bloody diarrhea, call your doctor right away, as it may be a sign of infection
- Drowsiness is another common symptom of Prilosec Generic, which occurs after taking the pill; therefore, people taking this medicine should avoid outdoor risky activities like driving, riding, etc.
Submit your review
Have been tagging along the non-prescriptive pills in my medical kit every time my family goes on a vacation. Better safe than sorry.
The prescription dosages have really been good for mum's stomach acidic pains. It really has succeeded in providing relief.
Really good and effective drug, my acidic cramps have really minimized. Efficient for providing very good relief from acidic stomach pains.