Minipress XL (Prazosin) Treats Hypertension Effectively
- Generic Name
- Brand Name
- Average Delivery
- Expire Date
Minipress XL is a common drug that is advised to treat high blood pressure. Prazosin is the active ingredient that is present in Minipress XL pills. Taking this pill helps to control strokes and myocardial infarctions. Minipress XL drug is safe to take as it is FDA approved. It is a generic drug that effectively works to control blood pressure. This antihypertensive drug has higher specificity; therefore, there is no need for other medicines. However, in a few cases, Minipress XL pill is given in combination with other drugs that together act to improve your heart’s health. Take these medicines under medical supervision. It is essential to monitor your health while taking this drug. You need to use Minipress XL daily to get the best benefits. Do not discontinue this medicine without informing your doctor; it may increase the chance of heart attack or stroke.
You may also like:
Minipress XL is a powerful drug, which is actively composed of Prazosin active ingredients. It is a potent competitive alpha-1 adrenergic receptor blocker. This antihypertensive medication has a very high and specific affinity towards alpha-1 receptors, which are present in the blood vessels. Blocking this receptor reduces the blockages. The prazosin acts as a vasodilator and helps to dilate the blood vessels as well as allows smooth blood augmentation. It eliminates the contraction of arteries. The overall advantage of its use is that it helps the blood pressure to achieve a normal range.
- If your doctor advises you Minipress XL drug, take it as advised; however, the dosage will depend on your age and health condition.
- The initial dosage will be 1mg twice or thrice in a day. To reduce the risk of orthostatic hypotension, you may take Minipress XL pill before going to bed. It is caused due to the sudden lowering of blood pressure, so you experience dizziness after standing from a lying position.
- Minipress XL dosage is increased progressively. 20mg is a total dosage, which is recommended in a divided form.
- If your doctor advises you another diuretic pill with Minipress XL drug to control hypertension, Minipress XL dosage will be 1-2 mg thrice in 24 hours. Dosage of Minipress XL is gradually increased if needed.
- Older patients with hypertension are more prone to Minipress XL sid effects; therefore, a lower dosage is advised for them. 1 mg Minipress XL dosage for once or twice is prescribed.
- The safety and efficiency of Minipress XL have not been studied in children.
- Do not get overdosed on Minipress XL. In such a case, ask for medical help.
- Do not take other drugs with Minipress XL medicine as this pill, such as anti-impotent drugs, beta-blockers, and alpha-blockers. It may cause severe drug interactions.
- Before you begin taking Minipress XL pills, inform your health expert if you are allergic to any components present in this tablet.
- If you have a history of heart attack, stroke, or any other cardiac disorder, tell your doctor before starting Minipress XL dosage.
- Individuals with liver or kidney disorders should avoid using Minipress XL antihypertensive medicine. In such a condition, you may consult your doctor.
- Report to your doctor if you have to undergo eye surgery like cataract removal.
- Women who are pregnant or lactating can take this drug under medical surveillance.
- Avoid performing any tasks that need total mental alertness, such as operating a machine or driving, because Minipress XL drug will make you drowsy or dizzy.
- Avoid consuming alcoholic beverages if you are taking any antihypertensive drug such as Minipress XL.
- If you experience prolonged erections, report it to your doctor.
Submit your review
Minipress XL pills work like a wonder to treat hypertension symptoms. I no more experience chest tightness and severe headaches. I have also made my lifestyle much healthier.