Nuvigil Promotes Wakefulness in People with Extreme Sleepiness
Armodafinil 150 mg
Price per pill
- Generic NameArmodafinil
- Strength(s)150 mg
- Brand NameArmodafinil
- Average Delivery15 days
- Expire Date2023
Nuvigil is a branded medication containing Armodafinil as the active constituent. The generic version of Nuvigil is also available in the market. It is available as white to off-white oral tablets in various strengths such as 50mg,150mg,200mg, and 250mg. This medication reduces excessive sleepiness associated with sleep disorders such as obstructive sleep apnea, narcolepsy, and shift work disorder. This medication is used off-label in the treatment of the major depressive disorder, chronic fatigue syndrome, and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
Nuvigil was approved by the FDA in June 2007. Remember that this drug product is not a replacement for sufficient sleep. Nuvigil belongs to a class of drugs called ‘Eugeroics’. This drug product may develop an addiction. You need a valid copy of a doctor’s prescription to purchase Nuvigil. A 150mg or 200mg tablet should be taken each morning in case of obstructive sleep apnea and narcolepsy and for shift work disorder take 150mg Nuvigil tablet one hour before beginning the shift.
You may also like:
Armodafinil, the active constituent of Nuvigil is more effective than Modafinil due to its long half-life of 15 hours. Armodafinil has a molecular formula C15H15NO2S and a molecular weight of 273.35. On oral administration, Armodafinil is easily absorbed. This medication can be taken with or without meals. The presence of food may delay the absorption of this drug molecule. The mechanism of action of Armodafinil is not clearly understood.
It acts on the area of the brain that regulates the sleep/wake cycle. It improves the levels of the substances that are necessary for staying awake. It works in similar manner to amphetamine and methylphenidate, which are sympathomimetic agents. However, it has a different pharmacological profile as compared to these agents. In addition to wake-promoting action, it also produces euphoric and psychoactive effects, improves mood, thinking, perception, and feelings.
- Inform your physician about medications that you are taking at present, diseases or disorders you are suffering from and history of any major illness before taking this medication
- Take this medication as per usage instructions mentioned on the prescription label. For any queries or doubts regarding its usage, ask your physician or pharmacist.
- The dose of this medication will change according to the condition and response to therapy.
- You should take this medication daily as directed by a physician to obtain the desired effect.
- Nuvigil should not be used if you are using marijuana and if you are allergic to its active component, inactive components or Modafinil.
- Do not stop taking this medication abruptly, you are more likely to develop withdrawal symptoms like sweating, chills, nausea, vomiting, confusion and shaking.
- This medication is not permitted for use in children. Also, use this medication with care in people having an age of 65 years and above.
- Taking this drug product for a long time can reduce its effectiveness. Consult your physician if Nuvigil is not producing the desired effect.
- Avoid consuming excessive amounts of caffeine and chocolates while using Nuvigil as it is likely to increase its side effects.
- Though this medication can help you to stay awake, it is better to avoid activities that require quick actions like driving while using this drug product.
- Long term usage of this medication can produce addiction in certain individuals.
- Do not take Nuvigil if you are already pregnant or are planning pregnancy or breastfeeding. You need to discuss with your doctor regarding the benefits and risks of using it.
- This medication may reduce the effectiveness of birth control methods. So speak to your doctor for appropriate birth control methods.
- This medication is contraindicated in people having a history of heart problems like heart attack, chest pain or irregular heartbeats, high blood pressure, liver dysfunction, kidney dysfunction, and mental disorders, etc.
- The most commonly witnessed side effects include headache, dry mouth, giddiness, and insomnia. These side effects are insignificant and they last only until the drug is present in the body.
- If any of the commonly observed side effects worsen or persist for an extended duration, call your physician at once away and seek medical assistance.
- In case you observe serious side effects like fast or irregular heartbeats, depression, confusion, etc. call your physician right away.
- Take the missed dose the moment you recall. If it is close to bedtime, you can skip the dose and take the next scheduled dose. Never taken an additional dose to compensate for the missed dose.
Submit your review
I was suffering from excessive day time sleepiness. My doctor recommended taking Nuvigil. It is a smart drug that not only promotes wakefulness but also boosts energy levels, enhances cognitive ability and improves mood. It is sold at MedStoreRx at discounted rates. MedStoreRx is an e-pharmacy selling quality medications at cost-effective prices, all over the world.