Hydroxychloroquine 200 Mg to Treat Malaria
Price per pill
- Generic NameHydroxychloroquine
- Strength200 mg
- Brand NamePlaquenil
- Average Delivery25 days
- Expire Date2023
Hydroxychloroquine is one of the widely used medications for the treatment and prevention of malaria caused by Plasmodium vivax, P. falciparum, P. ovale, and P. malariae. Please note that this drug is not advised to patients with complicated malaria. It is recommended as a prophylactic malaria drug in geographic areas where chloroquine, the close cousin of hydroxychloroquine, resistance is not reported. Also, hydroxychloroquine is indicated for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis and lupus in adults. The Food and Drug Administration approved the malarial drug in 1955. It should be under the supervision of a medical professional.
You may also like:
Hydroxychloroquine is a colorless crystalline salt, which is soluble in water. Chemically, it is denoted as 2-[[4-[(7-Chloro-4-quinolyl)amino]pentyl]ethylamino] ethanol sulfate (1:1), with molecular weight 335.872 g/mol and formula C18H26ClN3O. A tablet containing active drug hydroxychloroquine may contain inactive ingredients such as dibasic calcium phosphate, titanium dioxide, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, polyethylene glycol, magnesium stearate, and polysorbate.
The exact mechanism by which hydroxychloroquine blocks the activity against a malarial parasite is unknown. Like chloroquine, hydroxychloroquine may exert its anti-parasitic effect by concentrating the parasite’s acid vesicles. It is also presumed that the drug inhibits polymerization of heme. The drug may also inhibit certain enzymes. Hydroxychloroquine is not active against certain malarial parasites.
- Take hydroxychloroquine tablets exactly as recommended by your physician and follow all directions.
- Do not take this anti-malaria drug in larger or smaller amounts, or for a longer duration than recommended.
- More importantly, take hydroxychloroquine pills with food or a glass of milk to avoid gastric irritation.
- To prevent malaria, take a dose of this drug once a week for 2 weeks before going to an area affected by malaria.
- To treat malaria, the drug is given for 3 days, with a high starting dose followed by a smaller dose for the next 2-3 days.
- Make sure you take the drug for the full-prescribed length of time if you are using it to treat malaria.
- To treat lupus and rheumatoid arthritis, take hydroxychloroquine daily for several weeks or months, or as advised by your physician.
- Check with your physician if your symptoms fail to improve even after taking the drug for 6 months for lupus or rheumatoid arthritis.
- Do not overdose with hydroxychloroquine. Taking high doses of this drug could damage your retina, causing vision changes.
- If you miss your dose, make sure you take it as soon as you remember but do not take two doses to compensate.
- Before treatment, make sure you inform your doctor whether you have any drug allergies, including hydroxychloroquine.
- It is imperative to inform your doctor whether you have any medical condition before using this drug, such as retinopathy, diabetes, heart disease, arrhythmias, GI disorders, liver dysfunction, kidney disease, chronic alcoholism, G6PD deficiency (a genetic disorder), and psoriasis.
- Certain drugs may interact with this malarial drug, so make sure you tell your physician about the medications you have been taking.
- It is unclear whether the drug causes hard to a fetus/newborn so inform your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Hydroxychloroquine may increase the sensitivity of your skin when exposed to the sun. So, use sunscreens, wear protective clothing and avoid tanning booths.
- Do not perform any risky activities that need your attention during treatment because the drug may cause mild to moderate dizziness.
- Seek medical attention right away if you experience serious side effects such as chest pain, breathlessness, increased heartbeats, or any other unpleasant events.
Submit your review
I take hydroxychloroquine 200mg pills for my rheumatoid arthritis. It gives me great relief from my joint pains. I buy hydroxychloroquine online from this website. Good offers on a month’s supply. Exceptional service.