Clomid Is a Non-Steroidal Drug Used To Treat PCOS
Clomiphene Citrate 50 mg
Price per pill
- Generic NameClomiphene Citrate
- Strength(s)50 mg
- Brand NameClomiphene Citrate
- Average Delivery15 days
- Expire Date2023
Clomid is actively composed of Clomiphene. It is an orally administered, non-steroidal, ovulatory stimulant. Each white colored tablet of Clomid contains 50mg clomiphene citrate as the active constituent. It is prescribed for treating ovulatory dysfunction in females desiring pregnancy. This medication can also be useful for the treatment of menstrual irregularities, male infertility, persistent breast milk production, and fibrocystic breast. This medication can increase the risk of getting twins as it can induce multiple ovulation.
Clomid is easily absorbed orally and has a half-life of five to seven days. This medication can only be used in women who are not pregnant, women without ovarian cysts and unusual vaginal bleeding. This medication is sold on prescription. This medication has a similar action as that of a female hormone, estrogen. This medication has both estrogenic and antiestrogenic –effects. However, the exact mechanism by which it works is not clinically determined. Clomid has a significant pharmacological potency. Properly timed sexual intercourse according to ovulation is important.
You may also like:
Clomiphene is the active ingredient present in Clomid. It was approved for medical use in the United States in 1967. It belongs to a family of drugs called selective estrogen receptor modulators (SERMs). It has a molecular weight of 598.09 and a molecular formula of C26H28ClNO • C6H8O7. It is included in WHO’s list of essential medicines. It is not a habit forming drug. . Long term treatment with Clomiphene can increase the risk of ovarian cancer.
This medication can interact with tissues containing estrogen receptors such as pituitary, ovary, vagina, hypothalamus, endometrium, and cervix. Clomiphene present in Clomid triggers the release of follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH), and luteinizing hormone (LH). These hormones are required for the development and maturation of the ovarian follicle, ovulation, and consequent growth and function of the corpus luteum, thus causing pregnancy.
- Read all the instructions given on the prescription label carefully before taking Clomid.
- If you have any queries related to the usage of this medication you can ask your physician or pharmacist.
- You need to start taking this medication on the 5th day of your cycle and you should continue taking it once for five days.
- Take this medication exactly as directed by the physician. Tell your entire medical history to your physician before taking Clomid.
- Follow the dosing schedule properly. Do not take this medication more often than recommended by your physician.
- It is better to take this medication at the same time every day. It will be easier for you to remember.
- To increase your chances of getting pregnant, you must indulge in sexual activity around ovulation.
- This medication can be taken with or without food or as advised by your physician.
- You will be required to undergo a pelvic before each treatment cycle.
- Store this medication away from heat, light, and moisture. Keep this medication in a tightly closed container away from children.
- Do not use this medication for a long duration. The treatment should not exceed six treatment cycles.
- Clomid should not be used if you are allergic to its active constituents, inactive constituents or if you are having any other kind of allergy.
- This medication should not by ladies who are already pregnant. They are not recommended for use in females having ovarian cysts, uterine problems such as fibroids, endometriosis, liver dysfunction, and unusual vaginal bleeding.
- This medication may affect your vision or make you drowsy, so do not perform any activities requiring mental alertness while taking this medication.
- Limit your alcohol consumption and also inform your doctor if you are using marijuana.
- The use of this medication can lead to multiple births. So talk to your physician if you are having any concerns.
- It is not clear whether this medication passes in breast milk. Clomid may also decrease milk production. So avoid taking Clomid during breastfeeding.
- This is generally a well-tolerated medication. However, certain women can experience adverse effects such as bloating, stomach upset, headache, dizziness, and abdominal or stomach fullness. These adverse effects are mild and they go away once the drug is removed from the body.
- Serious side effects are rarely observed with Clomid. However, call your doctor right away if you are experiencing serious side effects such as mental or mood changes, unusual vaginal bleeding.
- If you missed the dose, do not take an additional dose to make up for a missed dose. Avoid taking the dose and take the next scheduled dose.
Submit your review
I was not able to conceive even after trying for one year. My doctor told me that I am having PCOS. She prescribed me Clomid. It is an ovulatory stimulant that works in a similar way to the female hormone estrogen. It helps in the development and release of eggs in the ovaries. With properly timed coitus, I was able to conceive within three months of taking Clomid. I purchased Clomid at extremely cheaper rates at MedStoreRx.