Are you a regular boozer? If yes, then you ought to know that alcohol consumption can gravely affect your sexual life. Alcohol as you might be knowing is a depressant and taking it in excess quantities can dampen your mood
as well as can curb your sexual urge and make it problematic for a man to achieve and/or sustain erections. It even hinders the orgasm. In fact, erectile dysfunction, which is the most common and widespread sexual problems suffered by men often occurs due to erectile dysfunction.
However, this is does not infer that you ought to refrain from alcohol completely, as you can booze but in moderation.As per the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention), moderate drinking is having two drinks in a day for men and one for women.
Liver can only break down or process around one standard sized drink in an hour and thus,consuming more than the suggested amount means more toxins to build up in the body affecting the organs as well as the ones involved for sexual activities.
Here are five reasons that explain how alcohol can wreck your sexual life:
- Interim ED Or Erectile Dysfunction: Scientists have discovered that excess alcohol intake affects both the penis as well as brain of a man. In a recent study conducted by the University of Washington, sober men were able to get erections quickly compared to intoxicated men, whereas a few men were not able to get erections at all after drinking alcohol.
This is because boozing before indulging in sexual activity reduces the flow of blood towards a man’s penis, curbs the intensity of orgasm and inhibits the excitement of performing sex.
- Long Term ED:Chronic and heavy intake of alcohol can trigger long term ED or erectile dysfunction. In fact, researches show that men dependent on alcoholic drinks have around 60-70% of suffering from sex related issues and the most common is ED, lack of sexual urge and premature ejaculation.
- Distressed Relationships: As per the stats as divulged by the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, excess intake of alcohol is linked with relationship issues and these include divorce, financial insecurity, infidelity and conflicts amid couples. Furthermore, around 90% of all sexual assaults occur due to alcohol intake.
- Smoking While Boozing: If you are a person, who prefers to light up that deadly stick while drinking, then note that you are increasing your perils of erectile dysfunction greatly. For men below 40, smoking is one of the biggest causative factors for erectile dysfunction. In fact, studies claim that men who light up more than 9-10 cigarettes in a day stand at increased risk of developing erectile dysfunction.
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs): Another biggest risk of blending alcohol and sex is that you get prone to sexually transmitted diseases.Studies prove that around 50% of unplanned sexual hookups include alcohol and 60% of sexually transmitted diseases occur when there is involvement of alcohol before or during sex. Young men who abuse alcohol regularly are more prone to indulge in unprotected sex.
Why Moderation Is The Key?
The soothing effect as well as the feeling of goodness after having a couple of drinkshave made alcohol man’s preferred beverage since thousands of years. Though certain researches affirm that moderate consumption of alcohol is not detrimental for your health, it is imperative to note that it is better to avoid the combination of alcohol and sexas much as possible.
So if you feel that you are having erectile dysfunction, relationship issues, premature ejaculation and lack of sexual urge because of mixing sex and alcohol, then you ought to act immediately to curb the intake of alcohol to avoid permanent damage.