“I will never drink again!” is a common phrase heard after someone wakes up a after a night of partying and drinking hard with a terrible head- spinning nausea and a stomach rolling around like a sneaker in the washing machine.
Well, here are some tips that can help you in avoiding those next- day- blues.
- Drink Plenty Of Water. Dehydration is a major contributor to a hangover. So, if you have partied hard, drink 500 ml of water, coconut water could also be a great option. The fluid will rehydrate you, while the coconut water will recharge your blood- glucose levels and electrolyte levels, both of which take a beating with excessive drinking. Thus, drink as much water as you can.
- Eat Before You Go- Especially Fatty Foods. When it comes to slow down your body’s absorption of alcohol, fatty foods are rich then those containing carbohydrates. So, opt for sausage, pizza, fried foods, and steak prior consuming alcohol. Food in your stomach will also reduce the rate of alcohol absorption.
- Stick To Lighter Alcohol. To lessen the after effects of alcohol i.e., hangover, choose beer and clear liquors like gin or vodka. Dark or malt alcohols like or whiskey tends to produce nausea and headaches. Do not mix different types of alcohol, as your body takes longer to adjust and metabolize the different types. Try to stay away from very sugary or fruity alcoholic beverages, as you will be more likely to drink them in excess because the taste of alcohol is disguised.
- Take Multivitamin Medicines. The body can deal with few amounts of alcohol, and all due to the liver. The enzymes present in the liver covert alcohol into acetaldehyde chemical, which is to be blamed for that irritating facial flushing, nausea and headaches as well. To detoxify alcohol, liver enzymes need mineral zinc and vitamin B, especially B1.
- Chew Ginger. Chewing few pieces of ginger can help you to get over the hangovers. Alternatively, boil 8-1o fresh ginger root in about four cups of water. Now, add half lemon, one orange juice and half cup of honey into it. This drink will immediately stabilize the blood sugar levels thereby providing you with quick relief from hangovers.
- Take A Hot, Steamy Bath. If you want to avoid or rid your body of alcohol, shot, steamy bath could be a great option. Initially you might feel a little dizzy, but later on, you would feel that the hangover has been reduced, after you sweat out the body toxins.
- Get Plenty Of Rest. If you had too much of beer, then take a good rest. Your body will surely that you in the morning. After rehydrating your body with a small snack and water, crawl into the bed and allow your body to take some rest and detoxify itself. Allow your body to sleep as much it needs to feel better at the end.
So, booze without dreading headache, the next morning!