Here is good news if it is the cost of the gym membership that is stopping you from beginning a fitness program. Really, you can be fit and get your body in shape without joining a gym at all.
Following are some of the low-budget alternatives that can help you to get the desired shape to your body and thus saving a lot of money.
Utilize All The Opportunities You Get Daily
You can perform an aerobic workout even without a special tool or gym. Certain daily activities which you do without much observation can very well be a part of your fitness program.
- Walk – Try taking quick walks daily. Avoid taking elevator and use the stairs. Don’t use your vehicle to cover short distances which can be covered by walking. Park your vehicle little far from the destination point and reach your target taking a walk.
- Turn your housework into a workout – Shovelling the snow, raking the leaves, weeding the garden or mowing the lawn all can act as a perfect workout. If you do indoor works such as scrubbing and vacuuming and are able to increase your heart rate, then it too can be counted as a workout.
- Recreation with your kids – If you have kids, then don’t just sit around watching them play. Participate in their games like kickball or tag. Take them for a walk or bike ride. Don’t hesitate to dance with them. You can join them in the pool too. If your kids are interested in video games, then join them for a virtual tennis match or boxing.
Cobble Together With Household Items
You can make use of simple household materials for lower and upper body exercises if you don’t want to spend a penny on exercise equipments.
- Canned goods can be used as hand weights.
- When performing exercises such as leg curls, make use of a chair for hold up. As a resemblance of stair climbing, you can do step training by using a low, strong step stool.
Consider A Modest Investment
By spending only a little on some low-cost products, you can bring variety to your exercising schedule.
- Dumbbells which are hand held weight and available in different sizes, can be used for strengthening your upper body.
- With exercise DVDs or applications, you will be able to get the feeling of a fitness club in your own house. Or, select a program that will assist you in improving your flexibility and strength.
- Fitness ball which appears like a huge beach ball can help you to perform many core exercises such as abdominal crunches. It can also help you to learn balancing.
- Skipping exercise using jump-ropes can be a huge cardiovascular workout.
- Resistance tubing can help you build strong arm and other muscles.
Know if you can get attractive deals on any exercising equipment or class you are interested in.
- Look out for discounts at nearby recreation department – Since most of the recreation departments give concession to local residents, try if you get an affordable deal.
- Second-hand equipment – Used items won’t cost you much and hence is a nice option. There are many stores which sell used sporting equipments or else you can even purchase it online.
- Split costs with a pal – Exchange exercise DVDs or videos with your friend to avoid getting bored of performing the same workout every time. Look out for a personal trainer who won’t mind your sharing the cost of a session with your friend.
Keep in mind that it is not necessary to join expensive fitness programs in order to get in shape. With a little foresight, you can turn begin your fitness program at home itself.