For those unaware, a double chin is nothing but a portion of loose skin and fat deposits. Some exercises help to target fat beneath your skin and get rid of double chin completely. Anything that helps in continuous movement of the jaw like chewing gum, talking, etc is a mini workout in itself for doing away with double chin. This basic concept of exercising your way out of that double chin can be taken to the next level to develop some effective workouts.
- 1. Open your mouth and hold it wide open for a few seconds. Close it and try to put the bottom teeth over the top teeth and hold this particular position again for a few seconds. Repeat this couple of times. By doing this exercise on a regular basis, you will find a change in the overall shape of the chin with time.
- 2. Using the same concept of exercise as the previous one, put a tennis ball or anything else under your chin, good enough to provide resistance while opening the mouth. By doing this, the muscles around that area are worked upon harder, therefore resulting in a more effective workout.
- 3. A change in the diet is one of the most important steps to take if you are looking for some major change in your double chin. The change in diet helps to improve the results of the exercise. The calorie intake must be reduced to give good effect to the workout for your double chin.
- 4. Drinking lots of water and increasing the content of fiber in your diet can make the digestive system to work well and help to get rid of the excess fat from your body thus, helping in the reduction of double chin.
- 5. Just before going off to sleep, lie down on a hard and flat surface, resting your head on the pillow. Without giving a jerk to the muscles, bend the neck backwards very slowly and stretch it as much as you can without injuring yourself. Hold this position for a few seconds to ensure that you feel some stress around your neck muscles. This workout on a regular basis has a positive impact on the sleeping pattern as well.
- 6. Keep your head straight and steady and putt your tongue out as far as you can. Hold this position initially for about ten seconds. Repeat five to ten sets around two to three times a day.
All these workouts to get rid of the double chin are effective only if done on a regular basis. One must keep in mind though to not overdo these workouts and keep them in moderation, but continuous. A balanced diet and practicing these workouts on a regular basis is the key here to get rid of double chin in a natural and effective way.