In this fast moving world with competition all around, people have got themselves so busy that they don’t even get time to follow simple daily workout and remain healthy. As a result, there is a widespread of obesity among the people along with other health issues caused by it.
Under this circumstance where people can’t afford to be away from their work for any reason, quick weight loss techniques to them come as the most attractive option to be considered. Although such techniques appear to be effective and beneficial, it is very harmful to your body and can land you with several health problems in the end.
Most often, people are under the misconception that the results achieved from short-term weight loss programs would remain forever. However, the truth is something else. It is true that such programs will help you lose weight rapidly, but it is also the fact that once you stop continuing that program, your body will resume the same size as before or even bigger. In short, such programs are more harmful than providing any good. Moreover, there are cases which prove that blindly following any short-term weight loss programs without knowing its benefits and hazards can even lead to death. Thus, it is imperative to understand the pros & cons of rapid weight loss techniques and other ways with which you can stay fit for the rest of your life.
One of the best techniques pursued by people in order to lose weight quickly is following fad diets. The best part about fad diets is that it helps you reduce weight at a faster rate and thus convincing you about it being very effective. While, the fact is that it only helps you in losing muscle and water and not body fat. Since this method doesn’t require any work-out in the gym, it is the most preferred technique by the people.
Following are the advantages and disadvantages of rapid weight loss techniques.
- Being overweight can cause you many diseases like diabetes, high blood pressure and other heart ailments. Thus, losing your extra weight helps in improving your health by eliminating such risks to certain extent.
- It helps in improving your body appearance and thus helps feel confident.
- It helps in improving your lifestyle.
- Motivates you stick to the diet you have been following for losing weight.
- Rapid weight loss results in leaving excess skin behind and thus deforming your physical appearance.
- Most of the diet program generally causes you to lose water and muscles without reducing the body fat at all. Depriving your body from necessary nutrients results in lower metabolic rate which results in piling up of more fat in your body.
- Rapid loss of weight can lead to gastrointestinal problems such as nausea, constipation or diarrhoea. With less supply of calories to body, you may feel fatigue.
- According to a research, rapid weight loss can cause gallstones.
Rapid weight loss techniques can be promising and appealing, but it is advised to do a little research before following them to know about the effect it is going to have on your body. No one wants to lose weight in exchange of major diseases and hence, it is wise to consult a doctor and follow his instructions about losing extra pounds in a safe and secure manner.