Living the life of today’s woman is a lot more difficult than the women of older generations. Women of today play multiple roles in their day to day lives. They play the role of a wife, a mother, a businesswoman, an employee, a student, etc.
With multiples lives that a woman lives, the amount of stress that they go through on a daily basis can be tremendous, probably responsible for the increased rate of heart failures and strokes among them. Apart from deaths due to these ailments, death rate due to suicides has come up as well. This shows the importance of taking care of your physical as well as mental health today, if you are to play all these roles with complete commitment.
Working mothers of today’s time are truly aware of the secret to maintain that balance in their lives. Some of these secrets to maintain their health are:
1. Always be happy and always be positive. Don’t stress yourself over little mediocre things and people around you.
2. Have a proper and a well balanced diet. Having a balanced diet will give you everything your body needs to sustain the everyday routine.
3.Must drink at least 8-10 glasses of water daily, as this will keep your body hydrated. Water level in your body is a lot more important than it may seem and the water intake must always be maintained.
4. Get sleep of a minimum of 6-8 hours every night. A good sleep during night, help in recharging your brain and keeps you fresh and active throughout the day.
5. Spend time with your family and friends. A break from the hectic work routine is always needed. Spending time with your loved ones is just as important as spending time at work is.
6. Take break from work occasionally to spend some good quality time with your children every weekend. Taking a trip every weekend with your kids is another great way to rejuvenate your mind and body.
7. At least once every month, take a week’s vacation to take a trip with your children
8. Take up any activity of your choice and exercise regularly. Be it running, swimming, yoga or any other form of physical workout, it is necessary to be involved in at least one of these to keep the body and the mind active and working.
9. Always feel and be grateful and compliment more. This would help and build up your emotional quotient.
10. Spend good quality time with your parents and share your feelings with them
All these are the best kept secrets of every working mother that help to maintain not just their physical health, but also their emotional health and work on their emotional quotient. Maintaining good diet and a regular exercise regime helps to keep the body fit on the inside as well on the outside, makes you feel rejuvenated and make you feel good about yourself.
Feeling happy and confident is a must to be able to give your best not just at home but also at your work place. By following these very basic and simple steps in their day-to-day lives, all the working mothers out there lead their lives of playing multiple roles and fulfilling their multiple responsibilities.