While health issues of women are widely discussed, with WHO also actively taking part to ensure that women across the world are mad aware of their health concerns, there are many parts of the world that continue to need more education on this subject. In the article, we take a close look at some of the common issues that continue to plague women across the globe.
1. Coronary Heart Disease: Majority of deaths in the nation are due to some sort of cardiovascular disease. CVD or cardiovascular disease affects blood vessel, preventing the supply of blood to legs, brain or heart. Women are under higher risk of facing this risk these days. Cardiovascular diseases tend to be a part of issues that plague women who are suffering from menopause or are a known case of obesity.
2. Stroke: Stroke or Cerebrovascular disease is a disorder which involves blood vessels carrying blood to the brain and other membranes stop suddenly, this is commonly seen in older women.
3. Dementia: Dementia is degeneration of brain function including reasoning, understanding and memory. It is a condition with many diseases. The main cause of this condition is Alzheimer’s, which is seen in older women, but can appear earlier as well.
4. Lung Cancer: Most women by the age of 85 have been diagnosed with some sort of cancer and lung cancer is one among them. Occurrence and death rates are increasing among women, showing increased rate of women smokers over the last few years.
5. Breast Cancer: This is the most common type of cancer among women, there are improvements in treatment and diagnosis of breast cancer nowadays. Today, one among nine women are seen with breast cancer by the time they reach 85 years of their age and there are many reports of death due to this as well.
6. Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease: Lung gets damaged and the airways are partially obstructed in this condition, which makes breathing difficult. Chronic bronchitis and emphysema are also one among chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases.
7. Influenza: It is a respiratory infection, the symptoms of this condition range from sore throat and high fevers to pneumonia and inflammation in the heart or brain.
8. Diabetes: Diabetes is a condition where your body is not able to maintain normal levels of blood sugar. There are 3 types in it type 1 and type 2 and gestational diabetes. Type 2 diabetes is the most commonly seen and quickly growing among them. Occurrence of diabetes has increased to double in last 20 years. It can lead to kidney failure, heart attacks, blindness, strokes and limb amputation if not diagnosed and controlled.
9. Colorectal Cancer: This condition is commonly known as bowel cancer, it affects rectum and colon. This disease is commonly seen in women, they are under high risk of getting this disease in their old age.
10. Chronic Kidney Disease: This is a condition where the kidney is damaged and it may need a replacement therapy or a transplant. It may take the life of a person if not treated on time.