Many studies have proved that smoking is a major reason for lung cancer and heart diseases. However, people still smoke despite of knowing the hazards of smoking.Have you ever thought as why people take up smoking? Let us take a look at some of the reasons that might incite a person to take up smoking.
“Hey, come on, try it for once, take a single puff and you will feel good!” The problem is that you light it once, and get hooked to it.
- Teens have a great tendency to try forbidden stuff, which ultimately drags them to the habit of smoking, particularly when their parents are way too strict. So eventually, what begins as a rebellious practice turns out to be a serious kind of addiction.
- To copy the acts of adults around, usually parents who light the butts often in front of their kids set a negative example for their kids. Most of the individuals who smoke have one of their relatives or parents as smokers. It might seem all right to do this and thus, teens tend to take it an accepted thing.
- A few teens take up smoking as a habit for appearing grown up and cool among their peers and in the society. Most of the teens also take up smoking by imitating their idols or role models, who smoke cigarettes.
- Pressure from peer is another reason for people to take up smoking. People tend to pick up this habit at an early age. Several individuals begin to smoke during their teenage years and it usually starts with pressure from peers. As a teen views most of his/her pals smoking, he/she is pressurized or enticed to try out this lethal habit.
- Cigarette smoking seems to go hand in hand when drinking alcohol.
- Often, people excuse lighting a butt for beating out the stress from their brains.Due to the kick or highness provided by the nicotine in a cigarette, many folks resort to it as the ultimate stress buster. If you monitor these folks closely, then monitor them when they light up the butt, and you are sure to find that there was some stress triggering factor that occurred right before the need or craving to light up that cigarette.
- Many people take up smoking because of some emotional grunt. Several smokers tend to feel helpless and seem to lose control over their life. They also tend to feel ignored and uncared. These folks are highly prone to use smoking as a resort to deal with emotional grunt.
- The link between smoker parents and their kids is blunt. Kids of active smoker parents are more prone to take up smoking compared to the kids of parents who do not smoke. In fact, a few studies have proved that the choice of a parent to light up the butt doubles the chances of the kid to take up smoking.
- On the other hand, even parents who do not smoke can influence their kids in certain ways to take up smoking. Some studies have proved that parents who impose certain restrictions on their kids or allow them to watch movies or sitcoms that depict excess drinking and smoking might set their kids up to be future smokers.
- Similarly, parents retorting to smoking as an unproblematic and socially acceptable act even if they are not into smoking can leave a negative impact on them, which further pushes the kids into smoking.
- Promotion of tobacco and related products is also under scrutiny and strict regulations in the United States of America in the recent few years. However, a blend of certain popular cultural practices, effects of promotion and misinformation pertaining to cigarette smoking are also major factors. In certain developed nations, misinformation pertaining to smoking is quite intense and works unswervingly against the efforts to reduce the use of tobacco.
- A huge section of the medical research field concentrates on genetics. Right from blood diseases to allergies and some cancer types, insidious mutations in an individual’s genes may indicate the disparity between health and sickness.
- Studies conducted on addiction genetics do not essentially seek for a smoking gun or triggering factor that regulates addictions in a person, instead studies to explore the amalgamation of a genetic vulnerability, societal aspects and other health aspects such as alcohol intake might make an individual prone to taking up smoking.
- If an inclination towards any addiction is suspected along with familial links or within the ethnic groups, then public health institutes can utilize the information to aim at their endeavors toward the populace that possess high risks to get hooked to tobacco addiction.
Taking up smoking to beat stress and overcome emotional grunt indicates that there is some in-depth smoking issue.
Subconsciously, smokers are enduring from certain issues that they do not want to tackle or deal with. They use the habit for creating smoke screen instead of dealing with the problem that bothers them.
If you happen to ask some smoker, who is finding it problematic to Stop Smoking, then you shall find that he/she might be having a few stuffs in life that he/she is not contended about. They might present a lengthy list of issues or complaints such as boredom, loneliness, broken relationships, busy or hectic lifestyle, etc. but they might still seem to deem something that is lacking from their life and end up resorting to smoking.
Smokers also tend to possess reduced self-esteem.Generally,they get this feeling that individuals and society do not take them as who they are and thus, they require something to obscure behind and cigarette smoking offers the apt screen for them.
Whatever is a person’s perception regarding smoking, it is not a healthy option at all. Instead, one should consider indulging exercising and other healthy activities to stay away from any kind of addiction.