Transient ischemic attack (TIA) is a short time stroke that occurs in brain vessels. The stroke can strike a person at any age, at any point of time. The major two vessels carotid arteries and vertebral arteries known for supplying blood supply to brain is disrupted by clot, hence causes TIA.
This stroke can last for short span or else long time, but if in case it long last will start damaging the muscles and tissues of brain. Clotting blogs besides blood also restricts oxygen, leading person to die.
It is very rare case when TIA lasts long and kills person. Otherwise, the clots that occurred could get dissolved easily and let back the stage of brain function in natural process.
What Causes Transient Ischemic Attack?
- When fats like cholesterol and calcium starts making blockages in artery it forms component called plaque in it. This plaque hardens the arteries and disrupts the blood flow to brains. This process of artery hardening due to blockages form by fats and calcium called as atherosclerosis.
- People with high blood pressure and are isn’t able to control their stress and anxiety in life are also likely to face TIA. High blood pressure weak the small muscles of brain and make them prone to create blockages.
- Uncontrolled diabetes, especially diabetes 2 and one high sugar level rather than low one.
- Disrupt blood flow or clots in other body part of body, such as heart could also interrupt blood flow towards brain. This chance of TIA happens due to issues like heart stroke, abnormal heart rate, diabetes, high cholesterol, etc.
- TIA can continue due to genetic problem. For instance, any of your family members (blood relation member) is or have suffered from TIA there are chances even you could face the disorder in further days.
- Men are at greater risk to TIA than comparatively of women are.
- People who are above age of 55 and menopause women are at risk to get Transient ischemic attack.
Prevention of Transient Ischemic Attack
Transient ischemic attack can be initial yet curable stage of symptoms of further brain disorder, such as major brain stroke, brain tumor, etc. Instead of reacting to such fatal situation, handle the situation itself within Transient ischemic attack signs and symptoms.
Hence, the stroke occurrence due to hazardous lifestyle and addiction of various factors, just mentioned below.
- Quitting Smoking
- Quitting Abuse of drugs and alcohol
- Controlling diabetes and blood pressure
- Exercise on daily bases
- Don’t be overweight
- Eat healthy diet
- Avoid eating or drinking saturated fats, preservatives, caffeine products
- Avoid all types of fatty food, even if you consume make sure you exercise and able to burn that much of calories.