There are two main cardiac problems majorly affecting a large part of society, heart attack and cardiac arrest. Cardiac arrest is different from heart attacks, but still commonly known among people as heart attack.
- Definition of Heart Attack– Heart attacks happen because of blockages in coronary arteries. The heart lacks oxygen and gradually dies heart muscles. Artery helps to have blood flow and oxygen, but blood blockages damage the circulation and causes heart attack. In medical is termed as myocardial infarction.
- Definition Cardiac Arrested– In cardiac arrest the blood flow is restricted towards the heart that fasten or lower patient’s heartbeat and breathing. The restriction of oxygen affects all other parts of the body including brain. It is a sudden cessation function of heart. In medical termed as cardiopulmonary arrest or circulatory arrest.
Both this patient can be treated with first aid, but in comparison cardiac arrest sufferer have less time for medication than compare of heart attack patients. Following the about to mention first aids step until you reach hospital could save a life of a person. You need to persist this first aid step, thus it just not work in one or two implications.
Indication of Heart Attack or Cardiac Arrest
Cardiac arrest– unresponsive, no sensation to tapping on shoulders, no pulse, fast or slow breathing, and person collapses.
Heart attack– back pain, chest pain, arm pain are first indication even before getting stroked, squeezing pain in mid of chest, cold sweating, fainting, vomiting.
These signs and symptoms will make you identify if a person is caught with any of this cardiac issues.
Notify a Hospital and Call for an Ambulance– The person with the cardiac issue should prioritize to call for emergency medical help. Let them know about the patient’s condition and call for cardiac ambulance. This special cardiac ambulance is well equipped with cardiac solutions and helps. Ask the expert what measure or treatment should be given to the patient until the time they reach at you. If they medical help could take longer time it would be better if you directly take the patient to the nearest cardiac hospital.
Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) – Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) is till date proved as a best first aid treatment for cardiac patients. There are been cases where a dead patient caused by heart failure could have saved if would have given CPR at the right time. CPR also includes artificial respiration method.
Step to perform CPR
- Lie down person, lose down patient cloths thus, make sure is not surrounded in a crowd or exhausted area (especially happens in public places). Let the air passes and manages to keep comfortable to breathe in.
- Place the heel of the hand palm in the center just below the chest (left side). Place other hand over it and bring weight. Put the pressure in a vertical manner towards heart with both this hands. It helps to generate heartbeat. Continue this therapy for at least 30 times.
- after pumping heart with hand, give the patient artificial respiration. Pinch nose close, such no air leaves out during the process. Tilt person’s head and life chin upwards. Close the patient’s mouth with yours and try to pass out respiration of it. Do this process twice. Give long breath to patient as the oxygen gets lower during heart failure hence require the extra need of oxygen.
- Repeat 30 chest compressions with two mouth-to-mouth respiration until patients get final medical help.