What is Anorexia?
People who suffer from anorexia have an intense fear of gaining weight. They are dangerously slim. They have several health risks due to malnutrition. This disorder affects the body and mind equally.
If you know anyone who is anorexic, you must give them emotional support and help them recover. Your company and support can help him fight a critical eating disorder.
What are the Causes of Anorexia?
There could be several different causes of anorexia. Here we have listed a few of the common causes that could lead to this eating disorder.
- If you have family members who are anorexic or bulimic, there are greater chances that you also develop this eating disorder.
- You may be more prone to suffering from this eating disorder if you are stressed up or have a very stressful lifestyle.
- If you have a tendency to be perfect, you may pay more attention to your weight. The constant worry may also lead to anorexia.
- Anorexia can also be caused if you have a career that stresses your body.
What are the Symptoms of Anorexia?
Different people may experience different symptoms of anorexia. Here are a few of the common symptoms with which you may identify an anorexic patient.
- They are excessively slim and malnourished.
- They are constantly worried about their weight gain.
- They presume themselves to be overweight even when they are not.
- They are obsessed about dieting.
- They excessively exercise to lose weight.
How to Treat Anorexia?
If you suffer from anorexia, you need to get yourself treated. There are various ways in which one may deal with this situation. Here are some suggestions.
- If you have lost a lot of weight, you may have to be admitted so that you regain your natural weight.
- If you get treated early, you will have a healthier and happier life.
What are the Health Risks Related To Anorexia?
You will have many health complications if you have anorexia. Here we have listed a few common problems that may result due to anorexia.
- Growth Retardation
Anorexia is more common among the teens. If a teenager is anorexic, it may lead to improper nutrition. This will further lead to improper growth of the individual. You must provide the body proper nutrition if you wish to grow properly.
- Disturbance in Menstrual Cycles
If the body does not get the proper nutrition, it will affect the regular menstrual cycle of a girl. This is one more reason why you must take anorexia seriously.
- Peak Bone Mass Reduction
Bone mass development is high during adolescence. Improper nutrition can affect bone mass development adversely. You must thus get yourself as soon as you identify the problem.