Provigil Is a Nootropic Agent That Enhances Cognitive Function
Modafinil 200 mg
Price per pill
- Generic NameModafinil
- Strength(s)200 mg
- Brand NameProvigil
- Average Delivery15 days
- Expire Date2021
Provigil comes in the form of oral tablets. It contains 100mg or 200mg of Modafinil as the active constituent. It is a psychostimulant with a waking effect and is a smart drug/nootropic agent that is prescribed to people working in shifts and those suffering from narcolepsy or sleep apnea. The pharmacologic profile of Provigil is remarkably different from the older psychostimulants like cocaine, amphetamines, or methylphenidate. So, it produces lesser side effects such as anxiety, jitteriness or rebound effects as compared to the traditional psychostimulants.
It is not only used as a wakefulness-promoting agent but is also used for its memory-enhancing and mood-elevating properties. It is similar to another smart drug, Nuvigil (Armodafinil). Recent studies have concluded that Provigil may help to recover from cocaine addiction. Note that the use of Provigil cannot be a replacement for adequate sleep. This medication is usually prescribed for 12 weeks or less. This medication belongs to a family of medications called wakefulness promoting agents/ Psychoanaleptic.
You may also like:
Modafinil is the active pharmaceutical ingredient present in Provigil. It is the FDA approved drug molecule. It has molecular formula C15H15NO2S and a molecular weight of 273.35. It is a non-addictive and is sold only on prescription. It is categorized as a schedule IV controlled substance in the United States. The action of Modafinil is observed within 20 to 60 minutes after taking the medication orally. It produces its effect up to five to ten hours.
The precise mechanism of Modafinil is not determined. However, it is thought to increase the levels of neurotransmitters such as dopamine, non-adrenalin, orexin. Narcolepsy is a result of dysfunction of sleep suppressing peptides, the oxerins. The increased levels of these neurotransmitters in the brain enhance memory, promote wakefulness, and improves mood. Consume this medication regularly to obtain maximum benefit from it.
- Take this medication exactly in the same manner as advised by your physician. Follow all the instructions mentioned on the prescription label carefully while taking Provigil.
- You must tell your complete medical history to your doctor before he/she prescribes you this medication.
- Never take this medication in lesser or more amounts or more often than recommended by your physician.
- This medication should never be shared with a person who has a history of drug abuse or addiction.
- Provigil can be taken with or without meals or as advised by your physician.
- For preventing daytime sleepiness, Provigil is generally taken every morning. In the case of work-shift disorders, take it one hour before beginning work-shift.
- This medication should not be taken by persons with a history of allergy to Modafinil or Armodafinil. This medication also should not be used by persons who are below 17 years old.
- Also, avoid drinking beverages containing caffeine, excessive consumption of chocolates, or taking non-prescription products containing caffeine.
- Use of drugs such as axitinib, bosutinib, certain medicines used in the treatment of chronic hepatitis C may hasten the process of removal of other medicines from the body. So, avoid taking these medications. Also, never take medications containing Armodafinil while taking Provigil.
- This medicine is not suitable for use in persons suffering from angina, kidney disease, liver cirrhosis or any other liver issue, hypertension, psychosis, and heart attack.
- This medication can reduce the effectiveness of birth control methods. Thus, consult your doctor for the best birth control methods while using this drug product.
- It is not clear whether this medication can harm a fetus. So tell your doctor if you are pregnant or you are trying to conceive.
- It is also not clear whether this medication passes in breast milk. So, avoid taking this medication if you are breastfeeding a baby.
- Do not change the time of taking this medication without consulting a physician. Never stop treatment with Provigil without talking to your physician.
- Long term usage of this medication can reduce its effectiveness, so speak to your doctor if you feel Provigil has stopped working.
- The commonly observed side effects of this medication include headache, nausea, nervousness, insomnia, and drowsiness. If any of these side effects aggravate or last for an extended period of time, contact your doctor quickly and seek immediate medical assistance.
- Serious side effects are rare. Contact your healthcare provider at once if you suffer from serious side effects such as confusion, agitation, depression, and irregular heartbeats, etc.
- Medication such as methamphetamine can interact with Provigil so avoid taking these medications simultaneously.
Submit your review
I was experiencing constant mood changes. I also used to be tired all the time. My doctor suggested me to take Provigil. It is a smart drug, also called a nootropic agent. It has shown to improve brain function. Provigil improved my mood and now I do not feel tired all the time. Thanks to MedStoreRx. I ordered this medication at this online pharmacy at discounted rates.