Ocuflox Eye Drops: A Sterile Ophthalmic Solution to Treat Bacterial Infections
Price per bottle
- Generic NameOfloxacin
- Brand NameOfloxacin
- Average Delivery15 days
- Expire Date2021
Ocuflox Eye Drops is a 0.3% sterile ophthalmic solution used for treating bacterial infections. Ofloxacin, a broad-spectrum antibiotic is an active constituent present in this formulation. It is used for the treatment of conjunctivitis and corneal ulcers. Ocuflox Eye drops are only meant for bacterial eye infections. They are not useful for treating any other kind of eye infection. Do not use this ophthalmic solution unnecessarily. Unnecessary use can reduce its effectiveness. This formulation is only for topical ophthalmic use.
It functions by inhibiting two types of bacterial DNA. These eye drops are effective against both gram positive and gram negative bacteria. It has a bactericidal action and thus acts by killing the bacteria that cause infection. Generally, cross-resistance is not seen between the active constituent of this formulation and other classes of antibacterial drugs. The active component, Ofloxacin present in this formulation is included in the World Health Organization’s List of Essential Medicines, which consists of all effective and safe medicines necessary in a health system.
|Quantity||Strength||New Customer||Old Customer||Shipping Info||Add to Cart|
You may also like:
Ofloxacin belongs to a category of medicines called ‘Quinolones. It is a schedule H drug and is available on prescription. It is used for treating several bacterial infections, which include bronchitis, pneumonia, urinary tract infections, plague, prostatitis, etc. It is a patent drug molecule and approved for medical use in 1985. Ofloxacin has a molecular formula C18H20FN3O4 and a molecular weight of 361.37g/mol.
Ofloxacin is effective against most of the strains of bacteria. It inhibits two types of bacterial enzymes- DNA gyrase and topoisomerase IV. The enzyme topoisomerase IV is necessary for the separation of replicated DNA, which ultimately stops bacterial cell division. Ofloxacin has 100 times more affinity towards bacterial DNA gyrase as compared to mammalian DNA gyrase. The effect of this medication is observed in one to three hours post-administration and it lasts for a duration of 16 to 20 hours.
- Read all the usage instructions mentioned on the prescription leaflet carefully while using Ocuflox Eye Drops.
- Use Ocuflox Eye drops only in the amount as recommended by your physician. Its overuse can produce undesirable consequences.
- You must wash your hands carefully with water before using Ocuflox Eye Drops. Never touch the tip of the dropper or allow it to touch to your eyes or any other surface to prevent contamination.
- Do not wear contact lenses unless your physician tells you to wear them while using Ocuflox Eye Drops.
- While using Ocuflox Eye Drops tilt your head back, pull down your lower eyelid gently and instill the number of drops as recommended by your doctor.
- Keep your eyes closed for one to two minutes after use. This prevents the medicine from draining out. Avoid rubbing your eyes.
- Tell your physician if you are suffering from any kind of allergy or are allergic to its active constituent, inactive constituents or other drug belonging to its category such as Ciprofloxacin, Levofloxacin, etc. Also, inform him if you have any eye problems.
- Ocuflox Eye drops should be kept at room temperature away from excess heat and moisture. Do not keep the bottle in the refrigerator. Keep it away from children.
- Ocuflox Eye Drops must be used regularly to obtain maximum benefit.
- Do not stop using Ocuflox Eye Drops unless your doctor advises doing so, even if your symptoms recede after a few days.
- If you are using any other type of eye medication, hold on for five minutes before using other medications.
- This formulation is not suitable for use in anyone below one-year-old.
- Ocuflox Eye Drops can affect your vision. So, refrain from activities such as driving or operating machinery, which require clear vision until you are confident to do such activities safely.
- Discuss the benefits and risks of Ocuflox Eye Drops during pregnancy and breast-feeding with your physician.
- Do not use Ocuflox Eye Drops if you detect any particulate matter or change in color of the solution.
- You may experience sting or burning sensation for one to two minutes after using Ocuflox Eye Drops. The other observed side effects include itching, redness, light sensitivity, eye discomfort, and temporary blurred vision. If any of these side effects persist or last longer, call your physician at once.
- If you miss a dose, use it immediately after your recollect. Skip the dose if it is practically time to take the next dose. Do not instill an extra dose to make up for the missed dose.
Submit your review
I had bacterial conjunctivitis. I was prescribed Ocuflox Eye drops by my ophthalmologist. My infection was cured within seven days. Ofloxacin is the active constituent present in this formulation. It is effective against most strains of bacteria. It is available at discounted rates at MedStoreRx.