At some or the other point of life, we all face a little or may be a lot of stress. The way we handle such stressful situations is crucial to our well-being. High stress levels can lead to several Unwanted Weight Gain and many other associated health issues as well. Stress also promotes the production of cortisol hormone, which increases your appetite for foods high in fats, carbohydrates and sugar. Research has consistently linked this type of fat to stroke and heart disease.
So rather than biting your nails, have a look on some stress relievers that can help you feel relaxed and stay calm during stressful situations.
- Stretch And Practice Right Posture: These help in relaxing your muscles, de-stress, relieve pain energize your body. Stretching and rolling your head from side to side, in many ways, is the basis workouts for overall fitness. Try pulling your arms across your chest or doing some toe touches as this can lessen your stress.
- Brea A Cup Of Tea: There is nothing better than diverting your mind, getting cozy with a cup of your fav flavored tea. Green tea can be a great option. Theanine- an amino acid present in green tea, sends your brain to a relaxed state that allows you to respond to stress more calmly and get a deeper sleep.
- Meditation: Remove all the emotions and thoughts from your mind by concentrating on deep breathing. Meditation takes your mind and soul to a calming state, which helps in relieving stress. It can take a while to master, but will surely well worth the effort.
- Light A Candle: Aromatherapy has been shown to decrease stress levels, especially lavender that serves help in decreasing cardiovascular issues associated with mental stress. If you are extremely stressed eat, hold left nostril while taking in the candle’s scent. This technique activates the side of the brain where emotions are managed and can aid top reduce appetite and anxiety.
- Crank Up The Music And Just Dance: No matter if its ballet, tango or just foolish playful steps, just get up and groove to the elegance of the music.
- Talk To A Buddy, Socialize: Socializing or diverting your stressful mind is a perfect way for dealing with stress. Talking to friends, possibly your best buddy, on call or face- to- face is a great way to better manage whatever is stressing you out.
- Give Yourself A Mini Scalp Massage: While you’re a busy doing your office work or helping your kid with his homework, run a pencil gently through your hair. This can give a tingly relaxation to your scalp.
- Laugh Out Loud: A good laugh not only reduces the load mentally, but also helps lower your body’s stress hormone, cortisol, while increasing the endorphins- the chemical that boosts your mood.
Thus,when you start feeling stressed out, use these tips to savor good experience, health and cheerful day as well.