Acular Eye Drops Treat Allergic Conjunctivitis
Ketorolac Tromethamine 0.4%
Price per bottle
- Generic NameKetorolac Tromethamine
- Brand NameKetorolac Tromethamine
- Average Delivery15 days
- Expire Date2021
Acular Eye Drops is an ophthalmic solution used to relieve ocular itching eyes caused by seasonal allergic conjunctivitis. This medication is also indicated to prevent as well as treat postoperative inflammation due to a certain type of eye surgery such as cataract extraction. The generic name of Acular Eye Drops is Ketorolac, it belongs to a class of drugs called NSAIDs or nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. This medication works by inhibiting specific natural substances in the human body to reduce pain or swelling. This eye drop is safe to administer with other eye medications, for instance, antibiotics, alpha-agonists, beta-blockers.
This eye drop is a clear, colorless to a pale yellow, sterile, isotonic aqueous solution. The active ingredient in Acular Eye Drops is ketorolac trometamol. Ketorolac trometamol is an NSAID that works by reducing hormones in the body causing inflammation and pain. It is also used to treat pain, swelling, and burning or stinging post cataract operation or corneal refractive surgery.
|Quantity||Strength||New Customer||Old Customer||Shipping Info||Add to Cart|
You may also like:
Acular Eye Drops is a ketorolac tromethamine ophthalmic solution. The molecular weight of substance found in these eye drops is 376.41 g/mol and the osmolality is 290 mOsmol/ kg. Each mL of this ophthalmic solution consists of: Active: ketorolac tromethamine 0.5%. Inactives: edetate disodium 0.1%; octoxynol 40; purified water; hydrochloric acid, sodium chloride; and/ or sodium hydroxide. Preservative: benzalkonium chloride 0.01%. Its chemical name: (±)-5-Benzoyl-2, 3-dihydro-1H pyrrolizine-1-carboxylic acid compound with 2-amino-2-(hydroxymethyl)-1, 3-propanediol (1:1). Also, the Molecular Formula is C19H24N2O6.
Ketorolac indicated for the short term prophylaxis and reduction in inflammation and for the short term relief of allergies. It belongs to NSAIDs and this medication is likely to block specific hormones in the human body to reduce pain or swelling. It is safe to administer this eye drop with other eye medications such as antibiotics, alpha-agonists, and beta-blockers.
- Use Acular Eye Drops solution only as per the recommendation of your doctor. The overuse can lead to undesirable consequences. You must always keep your hands clean before using Acular Eye Drops. Don’t touch the tip of the dropper or let it touch to your eyes or other surfaces to prevent contamination.
- Shake the ophthalmic solution well before using Acular Eye Drops.
- Do not wear contact lenses while or immediately after putting the Acular Eye Drops in the eye.
- While using Acular Eye Drops medication tilt your head back comfortably, pull down your lower eyelid slightly and instill the drops as recommended by your health expert.
- Keep the solution bottle in an upright position at room temperature away from moisture and sunlight. Do not keep the bottle in the refrigerator.
- Avoid rubbing your eyes. Eyes to be kept closed for few minutes after using the drops. This prevents the medication from draining out.
- Tell your physician if you are having any kind of allergy or are allergic to its active or, inactive constituents or any other drug belonging to its category. Also, inform them if you have any eye problems.
- Inform your doctor if you had cataracts, open-angle type of glaucoma, eye infections, diabetes, or severe nearsightedness (or myopia).
- Acular Eye Drops medication dosage must be obtained regularly without interruption to obtain maximum benefit.
- After applying Acular Eye Drops, your vision will be temporarily unstable, so do not worry.
- Do not involve in any risky activity that needs a clear vision, drive a vehicle, or use heavy machinery.
- Discard Acular Eye Drops medicine bottle if you observe particles or find a change in the color of the solution. It may be contaminated, using such drug product can lead to serious eye damage or vision loss.
- Women of childbearing age must talk to their doctor about benefits and risks associated with this medication, for example, trouble getting pregnant, miscarriage if any.
- During pregnancy, this ophthalmic medicine should be used only when needed.
- You need to consult your physician for use of this drug product while breastfeeding and pregnancy.
- The most commonly observed side effects of Acular Eye Drops include blurred vision, swelling or redness of eyes, or sensitivity to light.
Submit your review
I had a cataract in my left eye and I recently underwent its removal surgery in November 2019. Doctors have recommended Acular Eye Drops to stop the inflammation in my eye now. I have started using this ophthalmic solution and it is giving me relief from inflammation. It is a trusted medicine as my doctor discussed it with me. Use it with clean hands.