Chloroquine Phosphate – Medication to Treat Malaria
Generic Aralen 250mg/500mg
- Generic NameGeneric Aralen
- Strength250 mg/500 mg
- Brand NameLariago
- Average Delivery15 days
- Expire Date2022
Generic Aralen is a medication that is recommended for the treatment and prevention of malaria. It is also advised for the treatment of liver infection caused by a parasite ameba, the condition called extraintestinal amebiasis. The active drug composition of Generic Aralen is chloroquine, which belongs to a class of drugs called antimalarials and amebicidals. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved chloroquine for malarial prevention and treatment in 1949. It is quite similar to the antimalarial drug called hydroxychloroquine, which is sold under the brand name Plaquenil. Generic Aralen is a prescription drug so it should be used under the supervision of a medical professional.
SORRY!This Item is Temporarily
OUT OF STOCK
You may also like:
Chloroquine is a 4-aminoquinoline compound, which is a white, odorless, bitter-tasting, crystalline substance. The drug is freely soluble in water. It is an antimalarial and amebicidal drug, but it is not clear how it exactly works at treating and preventing malaria and extraintestinal amebiasis, respectively. However, it is presumed that chloroquine acts by preventing the malarial parasite from targeting and entering the human red blood cells (RBCs). By doing so, it does not allow the pathogen to invade the cells, preventing the infection. Please note that Generic Aralen is not advised to treat complicated or advanced cases of malaria. And it works only for certain strains of malarial parasites.
- First, you must take Generic Aralen exactly as directed by your physician. Do not take more or less of the dose; follow all directions carefully.
- If you are on antacids, make sure you take them 4 hours before or after taking chloroquine tablets.
- The dosage of this malaria medicine will be different for different patients so follow your doctor's instructions.
- For the prevention of malaria, take Generic Aralen 500 mg once a week on the same day of each week, starting 2 weeks before traveling to a place where malaria is epidemic, and then continue the same dosage for 8 weeks after leaving the place.
- For the treatment of malaria, take two 500 mg chloroquine tablets (1 g) as a stat dose, followed by one dose of 500 mg 6 to 8 hours, and then taken 500 mg after 24 and 48 hours.
- For the treatment of extraintestinal amebiasis, take 1 g chloroquine once a day for 2 days, followed by 500 mg once a day for 2 to 3 weeks.
- For pediatric doses, please consult with your primary care physician.
- In case you miss a dose of Generic Aralen, take it as soon as you remember. However, do not double the dose in order to compensate for the missed dose.
- Before taking Generic Aralen tablets, inform your doctor whether you have any drug allergy or medical conditions, or have been taking any medications, be it OTC or prescription drugs.
- If you should take this medicine for a long duration, check with your doctor regularly because the overuse of chloroquine could increase the risk of retinopathy and cardiac problems.
- This medicine may cause heart rhythm problems, called arrhythmia, so check with your doctor right away if you experience chest pain or discomfort, dizziness, fainting, or have a fast, irregular, pounding heartbeats.
- Generic Aralen may also cause low blood sugar (hypoglycemia), which could life-threatening especially in people with diabetes.
- Chloroquine may also make your skin sensitive to the sun, causing tanning, so wear sunscreen, sunglasses, and protective clothing when you go outdoors.
- This malaria drug is not advised to people with a genetic disorder known as G6PD deficiency, porphyria, and psoriasis.
- While you are being treated with Generic Aralen tablets, you should avoid getting immunized without your doctor’s approval.
Submit your review
I often buy Generic Aralen tablets online from this store because I’ve to keep the medicine with me most of the time. I’m a frequent traveler to areas where malaria is common. I take Generic Aralen to prevent malaria.